Due to the temporary closure of the Chapelhow Legion the August 2017 monthly pin club meeting has been canceled.
THE 2017 FESTIVAL OF PINS WILL PROCEED AS PLANNED ON AUGUST 26 AND 27 AT THE CHAPELHOW LEGION HALL.
August 2017 CIPC Pin Club Meeting
Due to the temporary closure of the Chapelhow Legion the August 2017 CIPC Pin Club meeting has been canceled. The 2017 Festival of Pins will proceed at the Legion hall as originally planned.
September 2017 CIPC Pin Club Meeting
The September 2017 CIPC pin club meeting will take place on Sunday September17 from 1 pm to 3 pm at the Chapelhow Legion hall. Pin trading, buying, and selling takes place at each monthly club meetings. Bring your pins for trade or sale or bring along your prized collection to show and discuss with veteran collectors. Admission is free. Children are welcome.
The Legion has a food donation box for the Veterans Food Bank. Veterans are in need of help all year. We appreciate if you could bring an item for the Veterans food bank whenever you attend a club meeting.
Don't forget to LIKE US on Facebook
2017 27th Annual Festival of Pins
The 2017 Calgary International Pin Club Festival of Pins will take place on Saturday August 26 and Sunday August 27 at the Chapelhow Legion hall. The show hours are 9am to 5pm daily. The 2017 Festival of pins is the 27th annual pin festival.
The Festival of Pins is all about pins. It's a gathering for pin displays, pin trading, pin buying, pin selling, and socializing about the history and hobby of labpel pin collecting. This two day festival hosted by the Calgary International Pin Club will bring together a large variety of pin collectors from Canada and the US. Occassionally a pin collector from outside of North America will show up. You will see a wide assortment of pins including Olympics, sports, media, country, state/province, city, animals, cartoons, brewery just to name a few. Name the subject and there's someone collecting pns for it.
Why not display your special collection as free display space will be available. Reserve early as space is limited.
If you wish to sell pins, reserve a table for a nominal fee. Pin sellkng to the public is restricted to table vendors. The public can sell to the vendors
Enjoy the fun of trading your spare pins with fellow collectors, obtaining information on your collection, or discovering that rare pin that might surface at the Festival of Pins.
Additional activities include a daily Silent Auction, multiple 50/50 draws, multple door prizes and draws for special items. The Legion offers food concession. In conjuction Canada's 150th anniversary the pin festival's annual competition for My Favorite pin will have a Canada theme. Only pins saying Canada or having a Canadian flag on the pin will be eligibe for entry into the My Favourite Canada Pin competition. For more information see the My Favorite Pin write up below.
Table rentals are $65.00 for 8 foot and $55.00 for 6 foot. A paid club membership takes $20.00 off the table rental. For a 2017 Pin Festival brochure, containing addtional information and the table rental application please use the Contact Us link on this website so that we can mail you a brochure. Note that if you have rented a table at festivals in the recent past that you are automatically on a list to receive the 2017 Festival of Pins brochure. You will receive this in the mail, presuming that your mailing information is current with the club. 2017 festival of Pin brochures have been mailed in early June 2017.
2017 Festival of Pins My Favourite Pin Competition
My Favourite Canada Pin
The theme for the 2017 Festival of Pins My Favorite Pin Competition is a competition for My Favourite Canada pin. The CIPC Festival Committee will award as a prize, a collection of the 2017 CIPC Pin Festival pins. The prize includes the coloured 2017 festival pin, the silver 2017 festival volunteer pin, and the gold 2017 festival committee pin.
Canada Pin Rules
Enter a pin which has the word Canada or a Canadian flag on the front of the pin.
- The pin can represent any subject matter and the Canada element will be the primary determination for entry eligibility
- The pin must have the word Canada or the Canadian flag on the front of the pin
- A pin with only Made In Canada on the back and no flag or word Canada on the front is ineligible for entry
- If there is some question regarding whether or not the pin is eligible then the CIPC Festival Committee members will meet and decide
- Competition entries close at 4pm Saturday
- Voting by ballot for the My Favorite Canada pin will commence at noon on Saturday and close at 3 pm Sunday so enter early as voting begins early
- One voting ballot per person
- The pin with the most votes will be awarded the winner of the My Favorite Canada pin competition for the 2017 CIPC Pin Festival
- In the event of a ballot tie, the 2017 Festival Committee members will cast the deciding vote
- Pin entries will be assigned a number and the name of the entrant will not be available to voters, including Festival Committee members who might have to cast a tie breaking vote
- If a Puzzle pin entry by a Festival Committee member is part of the ballot tie, that Festival Committee member will not be entitled to a deciding vote
- No hat badges, medals, or buttons are allowed. Lapel pin are pins, which can typically be worn on a lapel.
- The Canada pin entry must be brought to the festival and placed into the competition display, pictures of the pin are not eligible for entry
- While every effort is taken in the care and safe keeping of all entries the CIPC can assume no liability, monetary or otherwise for pins entered into the My Favourite pin competition
May the pin be with you!
September 2017 Winnipeg Pin Club Meeting
The September 2017 Winnipeg Pin Club meeting will be held on the evening of Monday September 11 2017 at 6:00 PM. Winnipeg pin club meetings take place at the Norwood Legion branch located at 134 Marion Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba. Giuests are welcome. There will be door prizes, pin draw, attendance draw, and a 50/50 draw. For more information or to contact the Winnipeg Pin Club you can find the link in Other Pin Links at the top of the page
July 2017 Pacific Pin Club Meeting
The next Vancouver Pacific Pin Club meeting is on Suday July 30 2017 from 9:00 am to 12:30: pm at the Capital Hill Community Hall, 361 South Howard Avenue, Burnaby, British Columbia. For more information or to contact the Pacific Pin Club you can find the link in Other Pin Links at the top of the page.
October 2017 Foothills Lions Pin & Collectors Club Collector Fest
The Foothils Lions Pin & Collectors Club would like to welcome you to a day of trading Pins, Cards, and other Collectables and making friends. Everyone is welcome kids - adults. It does not matter if yoionu have 1 item and are learning how to trade/collect or 100 items to trade. Come on out! Maybe start a new collection.
Admission is FREE. FREE starter kits for the first 25 KIDS. FREE prizes for kids that come in their local team uniforms! Silent Auction and Games!
Any donation of pins, cards, collectables, non perishables foods, cash, etc would be greatly appreciated. So why not clean out the cupboards, drawers, boxes, etc. and come on out to have some fun and maybe find that long lost treasure.
Tables are availabe for a small fee if you wish to show your pins, cards or collectables, or your organization.
Please contact for any inquiries about the event
Lion Tim - Foothills Lions Pin & Collectors club - firstname.lastname@example.org